There are many, many ways for you to get involved with SAFE and with SAFE’s mission of reducing the incidence and impact of domestic and sexual violence in Ravalli County. From volunteering on the crisis line to shopping at the thrift store to attending an event, these small steps can work together to create a violence-free future for all.
Each year, volunteers provide over 6,000 hours of service to help reduce the incidence and impact of domestic and sexual violence in Ravalli County, Montana. Answering calls on the crisis hotline, helping at the thrift store, providing maintenance assistance and serving on SAFE’s Board of Directors are all ways that community members work to achieve the mission of SAFE.
Volunteer on the Crisis Line
SAFE depends on volunteers to make sure our crisis line is answered twenty-four hours each and every day. Crisis line volunteers provide a kind voice, support and information for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Training for crisis line volunteers is offered twice each year. If you’d like to learn more about volunteering on the crisis line, call 406-363-2793.
Volunteer at the SAFE Thrift Store
Thrift store volunteers help SAFE to raise funds selling donated clothing and household items. Funds raised at the thrift store are used to support SAFE programs for survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Thrift Store volunteers sort and help display items, work with customers and other jobs. If you’re interested in volunteering at the thrift store, call 406-363-4422.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
There are many, many ways to volunteer at SAFE! If you have a skill or a passion that you would like to share with our organization, we want to hear from you! Some ways that individuals help at our organization are:
• Volunteering in the office answering phones, filing and helping with office cleaning
• Working with program participants- sharing your special skills like gardening, budgeting, etc.
• Assisting with maintenance projects
• Helping with child care
If you have an idea for volunteering, we’d love to hear from you! Call us at 406-363-2793.
*Please note: some volunteer opportunities may require attendance at training and a criminal background check.
Other Opportunities to Get Involved
There are a variety of ways to support the work of decreasing the incidence and impact of domestic and sexual violence in Ravalli County Montana. SAFE depends on our community to help build a violence-free life for all.
• Talk to your family and friends about domestic and sexual violence
• Host an educational presentation at your church, office, workplace or community group
• Speak out against domestic and sexual violence
• Attend or participate in a public awareness event
• Shop at the SAFE Thrift Store and donate your gently used items to our store.
• Attend a SAFE fundraiser or donate an auction item.
• Make a financial donation to SAFE-in your name or to honor someone else.
• Consider remembering SAFE as you plan your estate
• Donate your working, used vehicle to SAFE-we’ll pass it on to a survivor in need.
• Conduct a donation drive of toiletries, household items or paper products for families living at SAFE.
If you’d like to get involved with SAFE, but you aren’t sure how to – give us a call at 406-363-2793. We’d love to hear from you!